Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

He is breathing fadt. Fast. I am an RN my dog is doing

Customer Question
He is breathing fadt ...

He is breathing fadt

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

Fast

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

I am an RN my dog is doing nothing more than breathing fadt about 48 breaths a minute

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

That’s it

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is your dog eating normally?

Yes everything else is normal

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No appetite problems. Is your dog having trouble peeing or pooing?

No nothing

Veterinarian's Assistant: How is your dog behaving differently?

He is just the same I was just watching and thought wow he is breathing pretty fast but he has no other sympgoms

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Nothing is different I would take him to vet to be sure but I am rural Alaska

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

He is jack Snow and he is about 2 he is a rescue dog he was nurtured about 2 weeks ago

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Jack Snow

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
Dog Specialist: Dr. Rachel, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I agree that 45 breaths per minute is faster than normal. This could be a sign of pain and/or respiratory distress and/or heart trouble. What color are his gums? In a young dog, I wouldn't expect a metabolic cause of altered respiratory function due to things like diabetes. Do you know if he has had any accidents lately that may be causing him to have pain?