Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

She dranK the cocoa pebbles cereal milk and some pebbles.

She dranK the cocoa...

She dranK the cocoa pebbles cereal milk and some pebbles

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

That was about 4 now she is peeing a lot and We gave her heartgard

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

She is a 7 pounds chiuaua

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

2 years nylah

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

No thats it ahe is allergic to grain and meat

3/8/2018
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. About how much of the actual cereal did she eat and how long ago did she eat it? Has she had any vomiting or diarrhea?

She had about 4 oz of milk nd just a couple pebbles about 5 to 6 hours ago and she has not vomited or had diarrhea

Ok, great. The amount of cereal she ingested shouldn't have enough chocolate to cause any toxicity. I more worry about the sugar and the milk and the possibility of GI upset (vomiting and diarrhea) that could result from that. However, usually if they are going to have these symptoms, they will have shown signs by now. I would monitor for vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, and not wanting to eat or now. I would not give any medications or change to a bland diet at this point. If she does show any of these signs, you can give her some pepcid (0.25 mg/lb every 12 hours for a few days) as well as some boiled chicken and white rice. I would not jump to that though in her case.

Ok thank u so much is there anything else I should worry about at this point
She has been peeing excessively

That might be from the extra sugar that her body isn't used to. If that persists by tomorrow afternooon, I would take her in to the vet. There's really nothing else I would monitor for now.

OK also I gave her a tablet of activated coal about an 35 min ago so will she have any symptoms or bad side affects cause of it

No, I wouldn't think so. She might have some black color to her stool with the charcoal coming out the other end, but as long as her stools are normal consistency, I wouldn't worry too much.

OK thank u so much Dr.Schmidt

You're welcome, let me know if you have any other questions.

If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!

Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Schmidt