Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Woke up today to my pit yelping for me to get out of bed We…

Customer Question
Woke up today to...

Woke up today to my pit bull yelping for me to get out of bed We went downstairs together and she didn’t heat her breakfast. She passed three normal poops over night She went for Ali with me in the snow and peed she is a four year old Pit about 64 pounds I palpate her belly no distension. Last night she got into some rally spicy people food. She’s keeping her tail under her behind. There’s a terrible storm going on so all vets are closed

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is this new behavior?

First time , but she loves to eat tissues and sometimes it gets stuck in her rear. I don’t see any think stick now. She’s never swalled a large object. But she just chirped as she was moving in my bed

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Lola

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lola?

No she’s completely healthy No fever or excessive salivation

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog
3/7/2018
Dog Specialist: Joan, Vet Tech replied 4 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I would like to assist you with Lola.

He symptoms are very non specific other than not eating this morning. The passing stool and urinating is a good sign. I suspect something she ate may be irritating her stomach. What I would like to do is give her a Pepcid Ac 10mg to help relive any issues from the spicey food she ate last night.

Please do not feed until this evening. We are going to do a bland diet for dinner. Please give her some skinless chicken breast boiled 1 part to 3 parts white rice and atablespoon of Pure canned Pumpkin. This bland diet can be fed for a few days until he seems to he regains his appetite. When you are ready to feed gradually start adding in the normal food over 5 days to get her back on her normal diet. Hopefully this will resolve what is going on. Just monitor for any other issues that may crop up.

Please hit reply to discuss this protocol.

Joan

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan