Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My springer spaniel has a red bald spot on the top of her…

Hi; my springer spaniel...

Hi; my springer spaniel has a red bald spot on the top of her nose that doesn’t seem to bother her but looks not th best

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Roxy, 13 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Roxy?

She has lymes disease but otherise fine, has been getting her shots regularly after she was infected with it

Veterinarian's Assistant: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Nothing on her feet

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/6/2018
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. Do you happen to have a picture of the area so I can get a better idea of what is going on?

Top of her nose is just bald

Great, thank you so much! It does not appear to be raised, is that correct? Is she rubbing the top of her nose on anything that you can tell? Any sneezing?

No sneezing, she hasn’t rubbed on a ythif either, I work from home so I can monitor her so there doesn’t seem to be a cause of it. Not a raised bump either, just flat,

Ok, well it's most likely nothing to worry about. Sometimes animals will get this when the seasons change if they are developing later stage allergies, which is the most common cause. You can start Benadryl (1 mg/lb every 12 hours) and see if that help. There are also some autoimmune disorders in dogs that start off looking like this as well, but that would be less common.

Okay thank you

You're welcome, let me know if you have any other questions.

If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Schmidt
Benedryl worked amazing. She’s already healing. Thank you!

Great to hear it! Thanks for the update.

Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian