Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I have a ten week old schnoodle and it seems like poop is…

Customer Question
I have a ten...

I have a ten week old schnoodle and it seems like poop is getting stuck in her rear

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Zoey

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zoey?

No ma'am

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog
3/6/2018
Dog Specialist: Joan, Vet Tech replied 6 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I would like to assist you.

Can you explain about getting stuck in the rear? Is Zoey actually passing stool?

Does she have a lot of hair around her anal opening?

What type of diet is she on?

Are her stools firm and normal?

Joan

Its not every time she pass a stole. Its like shes not finishing up. And she do have hair. I just got her like a week in a half ago

Thank you! If there is hair or curls around the rectum and anal opening the stool can get caught in the hair and cause problems with the passing of stool. It is good to keep hair trimmed back in that area. A groomer can take care of that for you.

There may also may be an issue if there has been a change with dog food. An adjustment period may be needed for the stools to regulate. I do suggest a Teaspoon full of Pure Canned Pumpkin add to the dog food to help with the passing of the stool.

My suggestions is add a Teaspoonfull of Pure Canned Pumpkin to the diet

Trim the hair away from the anal area to allo the stool to pass freely.

Please hit reply to discuss this information and concerns.

Joan

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan