Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

She got into the trash last night, took her on a walk this…

Customer Question
She got into the...

She got into the trash last night, took her on a walk this morning and afterwards noticed she wasn't standing right and was wobbling. I feed her this morning and so far has keep it down

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Docile and she 9

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Docile?

Nothing else to add on what's going on

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog
She looks never dazed and confused. She wobbling a lot to just just her head up
3/6/2018
Dog Specialist: Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. The worry when they get into trash, is that they can develop neurological issues (wobbling, seeming dazed/out of it, a drunken walk, etc.) because of the bacteria in the trash releasing a toxin that affects the nervous system. I would recommend taking her in to the vet for a check up and to get her started on antibiotics and supportive care. This usually clears up over the course of a few days, but it will definitely need an antibiotic to clear it up totally.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Schmidt