Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I have a 12 week Yorkie, she got under foot and my husband…

I have a 12 week...
I have a 12 week Yorkie, she got under foot and my husband may of kicked her.. he heard her yelp but never felt her. She got into her bed and he noticed her head kind of bobbing and she seem lethargic.. she doesn’t seem to be in any pain. What do you think it could be ?
3/4/2018
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Charlie Sue. How long ago did this happen?

Can you lift her lip and check her gums to see if they look pink, not pale?

It happened a couple of hours ago

Is she eating and drinking? Young Yorkies can have episodes of low blood sugar, which could make her head bob and her act lethargic.

It may or may not be related to what happened. If she did get kicked in the head, that also might cause these symptoms.

I’m actually in another state and my husband is home with her. I am wondering if we should take her to an emergency vet or wait and see if it passes

I don't like to take chances with young puppies. He could try rubbing some Karo syrup on her gums and see if she stops head bobbing and gets more alert. If she does not, or if her gums look pale when he lifts her lip, I would have her checked out.

Please let me know how she is doing, if this is helpful and if you have other questions.

Thank you I will

You are welcome.

Kindly consider rating my answer to notify the website I am assisting you; you can always get back to me with questions and updates after rating.​

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thanks for the great rating.