Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog was neutered on the 12th of feb. his sac has been…

My dog was neutered...

My dog was neutered on the 12th of feb. his sac has been very swollen for the past two days. Today it has a small tear and he’s dripping blood. What should I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Rocky

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rocky?

He’s still a pup

2/18/2018
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Rocky. You'll need to have his surgeon recheck his work. What you're seeing is usually due to a small bleed +/- post-operative infection that has filled his scrotum with blood which is now leaking through ruptured skin or the original incision site. In most cases the scrotum needs to be opened widely, evacuated, the bleeding vessel ligated or cauterized, and the scrotum closed once again. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Very well thank. I took Rocky back to the vet. They gave him a shot to reduce the swelling and antibiotics. Thank you

Thjank you for the good update. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know.

No, thank you. Rocky is a little monster but I love him to pieces. Thanks for your help

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian