Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Our dog ate gold bond healing hand cream 3 oz and is 50 lbs.

what should we do? It...
Our dog ate gold bond healing hand cream 3 oz and is 50 lbs. what should we do? It doesn't contain zinc.
1/24/2018
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr B. Thank you for your question! I am a DVM with 28 years experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

did your dog eat the container also? Or just the cream?

No, all pieces of the container are accounted for. She only ate the cream.

and you say it was about 3 ounces total?

Probably less because I had used it and there is still a little left.

ok, give me a few minutes....when was this ingested?

Not sure. We were out for the evening and come home and found it. We were gone from 630-10

ok, has there been any vomiting?

No vomiting
She's acting fine. If I didn't find the tube, I wouldn't know.

ok, and you are sure there is no zinc of any kind in the hand cream? And can you tell me all the ingredients...

I suspect that your dog will be fine since there is no zinc......but you could see GI distress....in the form of vomiting and diarrhea....if your dog starts to have vomiting, diarrhea, lack of appetite or lethargy you should see your vet immediately.

Can I answer any other questions or concerns for you?

No we are all set thank you

ok, take good care...

Please rate me 5 stars for my very prompt and attentive service. Thank you very much! DRB

And let me know if you need any additional help!

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

thank you and let me know if you need additional help! DRB

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian