Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Eats poop! I've heard that For-Bid doesn't work very well.

Eats poop! I've heard...

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Domino - 9 yrs. old

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/23/2018
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant

Hello, and thank you for using this site to help you.

If she is eating her own feces , the best thing one can do is pick it up right after they go, but that is not always possible. There is something else on the market called "Four Paws Potty Mouth." It is a pill you give the dog once a day, going by the body weight. 1 pill per ten pounds of body weight. some have found success in that and I am currently using it and find it to be helpful 90 % of the time.

Some people will also add pure canned pumpkin to the diet as that tastes good going down but not so much coming our.

Other will use Adolphs meat tenderizer.

Another known product is Dis_Taste

IF the dog is eating other's feces then what ever you give your dog will not work. It only works if the dog is eating it's own feces. Keep in mind that you may have to try different products to find the one that fits the dog. So I would not shut the door on For_bid .

Here is a link to the potty mouth on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Potty-Coprophagia-Prevention-Chewable-Tablets/dp/B01M31FHB7/ref=sr_1_2?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1516743452&sr=1-2&keywords=four+paws+potty+mouth

Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Thank you - she only eats my other 2 dog's poo, so I could give them the pills.
You've been very helpful.