Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Been dry heaving for a few hours now and breathing a little…

Been dry heaving for...

Been dry heaving for a few hours now and breathing a little faster then normal

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Skyler almost 5yrs old. Contimplating taking him to the vet

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Skyler?

Almost 5

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Skyler?

He is blind and had diarrhea last night. Loose stool anyway

Skyler is about 25 lbs roughly
Threw up food at first then a yellowish vile like fluid. And has nothing left in him to throw up but still trying to vomit from time to time and breathing like a short pant thru his nose
1/23/2018
Dwight Alleyne

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Do you know if he ate anything unusual?

Dwight Alleyne
Not aware of anything unusual. First vomit had his breakfast partially digested in it
Phone call session started
Took our dog to the animal hospital last night the vet gave him amoxicillin trihydrate and clavulanate potassium tablets what are they for
Those are an antibiotic for an infection. Did they take xrays?
Had to goto work. My fiance took Skyler to the veterinarian and was diagnosed with pneumonia. The last question was from the fiance and she didn't mention that I was wondering if the antibiotics would help get rid of the fluid that they found in his lungs or what they thought was fluid from viewing the x-rays. So we are now hoping that Skyler gets well sooner then later. Appreciate your hell and will ttyl
help* your help is what I appreciate. Thank you Dwight.

Let me know how Skylar is doing

Skyler is doing okay, slowly getting better. Atleast he seems to be so far.
Was wondering is pneumonia contagious to other dogs? Guessing not, cause I have another dog and he is fine so far a anyway. Chaos is a 55 lb chow/Sheppard mix. Big brother as far as the doggies go. "Big Brudder". Should I be keeping them aperture incase of contamination from one to the other?

Thanks for the update. Usually if it is a viral pneumonia it has the potential to be contagious. But most dogs are protected if they have a vaccine. I would just wash hands when you touch them at all

Dwight Alleyne
Dwight Alleyne
Dwight Alleyne