Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

Have a three month yorkie and she jumped off the couch and…

Hey I have a...

Hey I have a three month yorkie and she jumped off the couch and she been limping for a few day but I notice it’s the tow region where there seems to be pain but she still used the paw to play with toys but she won’t walk on it

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No there isn’t and it doesn’t seem swollen or anything

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Majesty

1/21/2018
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Veterinarian

Hi. I’m Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian. Welcome to JustAnswer! I’d like to help with your concerns regarding Majesty.

I'm sorry to hear that she's not feeling well.

Which leg appears to be affected?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Front right leg
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No thanks
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
What do you recommend I do because I don’t think it’s broken but I’m no expert but I can afford the vet expenses

Feel free to disregard the phone call request. This is sent by the website automatically, not me. I will be able to answer your question on this chat.

When she is walking, does she bear any weight on the affected front right leg?

ie. Is she walking on 3 legs, or does she toe touch the floor with the front right foot?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
When she walk she doesn’t bear weight. On it but I have noticed over the last few days the legs have moved closer to the ground because she had it at a very high angel but when she sit down the toe is on the ground and when she play with her chew toy she kinda be using the paw
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Plus I was feeling on it early today like massaging it and she didn’t seem to react but she still don’t walk on it

Ok, thank for for that additional information. I'm actually very concerned that she may have a fracture, luxation or severe sprain. Small young dogs like yorkies can be very prone to injuries (including fractures or luxations) of the bones of their feet or wrists (carpi).

I recommend having her seen by a veterinarian as soon as you are able. A full hands-on exam should be done and x-rays may be recommended to further diagnose the severity of her injury. At a minimum, she is in need of pain medication as I suspect she is rather uncomfortable to not want to walk on the affected foot for several days.

Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Veterinarian

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask.

If you’d like to request me in the future for your pet-related questions, you can contact me at this page: https://www.justanswer.com/veterinary/expert-drdenise/?rpt=3800

Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Veterinarian