Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I think he accidently ate a 30mg controled release oxycotin…

I think he accidently...

I think he accidently ate a 30mg controled release oxycotin i gave her 3 percent peroxide she threw up 4 times she seems fine wilol watch her real close for 3/4 hours she weighs 55 lbs a beagle

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Princnsess she just turned 3 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Princnsess?

No her eyes seem fine she breathing good went potty and wants to play as usual

1/20/2018
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a fully qualified vet from the UK and have spent the last thirty years or so treating dogs, cats, and smaller pets. I will be very glad to help you today, please allow me ten minutes or so to review your question and type things up, I will then get straight back to you.

But before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer to me, so could you please confirm the following :

1. How long was the was the time gap between Princess swallowing the Oxycontin and you inducing vomiting?

about 10 15 minutes
right now she seems alert nothing seems out of ordinary

Hello again,

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. You did just the right thing, if you managed to induce vomiting in that timescale then the chances are that Princess will be just fine. Nothing more needs doing ...

But in any case, I should be available online for you for the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Princess's condition changes in any way or indeed if you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
I hope you have found my advice useful. Please now be kind enough to rate my service to you by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen, such feedback greatly helps me maintain the quality of my answers. Rating me now does not close your question, we can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box to get back to me at any point. Many thanks ...

Just a short note to thank you very much for the good rating, this is very much appreciated.

Please let me know how things go ...

Kindest regards,

Dr Scott