Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog ate 1 maximim strength mucinex sinus max night gel…

Customer Question
My dog ate 1...

My dog ate 1 maximim strength mucinex sinus max night gel tablet. Opened the tablet licked the gel inside. It contains acetaminophen 325 mg dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg doxylamics succinate 6.25 mg phenylephine HCI 5 mg she weighs 40 pounds. Please let me know

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Daisy 6 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Daisy?

She just got spade a week ago. So she I gave her trazodone 100mg tablet at 10 this morning. 1 1/2 tablet and she is on an antibiotic 400 mg every 12 hours. I gave both of them to her at 10. She is due for another trazodone at 6 but didn’t give it to her yet

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog
When will I know the answer. Need to know asap
1/20/2018
Dog Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Thank you

Thankfully, at 40 lbs of body weight none of the ingredients in that product are toxic to Daisy. Acetaminophen becomes toxic at 45 mg/lb (1,800 mg), dextromethorphan and doxylamine are non-issues, and phenylephrine is too poorly bioavailable to dogs to cause any harm. Daisy is going to remain safe. There's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns. I don't know how trazadone reacts with any of those drugs and so it's best to miss the next dose of it. The antibiotic can be given. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Dog Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian