Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I'm not sure but I think she ate ice melt...she's a 5 month…

Customer Question
I'm not sure but...

I'm not sure but I think she ate ice melt...she's a 5 month old mini schnauzer...

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Cleo

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cleo?

She has diarrhea and my husband said he saw vomit yesterday on floor. We have two pups.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog
1/18/2018
Dog Specialist: Sarah Snow,
 replied 7 months ago
Sarah Snow

I am Dr. Snow, and I can try and help you with Cleo. I have a couple questions so I can try to help you best.

Is Cleo vaccinated?

When do you think she ate the ice melt?

she is but still has one booster to get next week. I put the ice melt down on Monday so I'm not sure if she ate it yesterday.
Do not want to call. I already paid 19.99
Dog Specialist: Sarah Snow,
 replied 7 months ago

The site automatically offers the phone call - it does not come from me. Just ignore it.

Dog Specialist: Sarah Snow,
 replied 7 months ago

Ok, ice melt can have some toxic properties - mostly electrolyte abnormalities (high sodium problems), as well as gastrointestinal distress (vomiting and diarrhea).

Does Cleo still have an appetite? Any vomiting today? How many episodes of diarrhea?

Dog Specialist: Sarah Snow,
 replied 7 months ago

Are you still there?