Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

My pup was just neutered Friday. All was going great until…

Hi there. My pup was...
Hi there. My pup was just neutered Friday. All was going great until tonight he was out of site for 10 minutes and manipulated the fabric collar. His wound now has a bit of blood. Should I take back to vet tomorrow?
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2018
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

I sure can. This looks rather minor. If he had any sutures there it looks like he's managed to remove them. The good news is that this is typically not a major problem for males (more of a concern for females). I would clean the area gently with soap and water, pat dry and apply neosporin. If he were my dog I wouldn't take him in for an exam over this but if you are concerned you can go in for a recheck for good measure (never wrong to get a thumbs up in person). Watch for pus-like discharge, regular bleeding, etc. If these develop, a course of antibiotics may be needed.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Hi Jennifer,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Shep. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse