Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

She's panting lethargic loss of energy started this evening.

Customer Question
She's panting lethargic loss...

She's panting lethargic loss of energy started this evening

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

She's even sleeping on couch which she never does

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

Alabama we call her bams shes 5

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog
The only thing that is different is that she got her flea treatment Friday after missing it for 2 months and she was bathed inside Thursday but it's real cold out and she won't let us dry her all the way both my dogs get one bath a month no more than 2 they are herding dogs so they are prone to bacterial infections
1/14/2018
Dog Specialist: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry you are worried about Bams. I am sorry you have been waiting for an answer; I just came online and saw your question. How is she doing now?

The same what should I do

Lots of things can cause panting and lethargy: fever, infection, internal disease, pain. You need to get a diagnosis, to know the best treatment.

Is she eating and drinking? If you lift her lip, are her gums pink or pale?

Can you take her temperature? Normal rectal temp is 101.5

Her gums are pink with some pale wrote she will nibble some blame human foods and she will lock washer from your finger but only alittle

Good her gums are pink and she will take a little food. Can you take her temperature?

She's not going to let me take her temp she's not feeling good so she' gets aggravated if you hardly touch her

Then please do not try.

The best thing would be an exam by a veterinarian. Until then, keep her quiet and keep offering liquids and foods that she may eat.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian