Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I followed the instructions and my dog is still on his diet…

Customer Question
Hello, I followed the instructions...
Hello, I followed the instructions and my dog is still on his diet but I have not taken him to the vet yet. He has been pooping out a lot of the twine but he threw up today 5 times and just now he was crying before he threw up
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog
1/12/2018
Dog Specialist: Joan, Vet Tech replied 6 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I see you have worked with Dr Peter and he advised a bland diet.

Is the dog throwing up any twine?

Is he passing stool?

Is there any twine in the stool?

Joan

he is on a bland diet. He is pooping regularly and lots and lots of the twine is coming through

Thank you for the information. We can give something for the vomiting as well as adding some Pure canned Pumpkin to the sdet. Let's give a tablespoon of Pure Canned Pumpkin to the bland diet. THat is a high fiber food that will help with the passing of the twine, and will help with settling the stomach. For the Vomiting. You can give one 10 mg Pepcid AC every 12 hours to settle the stomach and vomiting. If this continues, the Vet needs to check the dog out to be sure a blockage is not forming. Please hit reply to discuss this information. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars.

Joan

Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan