Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

She is lactating and her stomach is bigger and more firm.

Customer Question
She is lactating and...

She is lactating and her stomach is bigger and more firm. Loss of appetite and very tired all the time

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Beretta and she is 1

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Beretta?

I've had a male with her for about a month and she's been in heat now her vaginal area is not swollen anymore and it's discharge/blood

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog
1/9/2018
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She is lactating a clear substance and she has gained weight her stomach has gotten bigger and larger she barley eats and is very tired and she's having discharge and her vaginal area is not swollen anymore

When did Beretta's last heat cycle begin?

Is the male she was with intact?

Did you witness any breeding?

Can you share pictures of what she's producing from her mammaries?

How long has the vaginal discharge been observed?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She been in heat for about 3 weeks
The male is intact
I've seen him on her but no physical breeding
And I can when I get home
And yesterday is when I observed it

I'll keep an eye out.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
For when I send you the picture?

Correct.

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.

Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian