Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I have a 3 year old blue heeler terrier mix female and she…

Customer Question
I have a 3...

I have a 3 year old blue heeler terrier mix female and she has diarrhea with blood and after she gets done going to the bathroom blood drips from her anus, she is eating and drinking and acting like her normal playful self.hat could it be?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Remington

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog
1/8/2018
Dog Specialist: Scott Perry, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Remington is having bloody diarrhea. Otherwise, she is behaving normally. I am sorry to hear about this problem she is having. Can you please tell me if she appears to be straining to defecate or defecating in small amounts, or do the feces appear to be coming out all at once comfortably?