Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog is 9 pounds and got knto. My dog is nine pounds. She…

Customer Question
My dog is 9...

My dog is 9 pounds and got knto

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?

My dog is nine pounds. She got into a baggy of naturvet calming chews there may have been 6 or 7 chews in there. Will she be ok?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?

Olive

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Olive?

She seems to be acting normal. It probably happened about an hour and a half ago.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/6/2018
Dog Specialist: Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian. replied 3 months ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a fully qualified vet from the UK and have spent the last thirty years or so treating dogs, cats, and smaller pets. I will be very glad to help you today, please allow me ten minutes or so to review your question and type things up, I will then get straight back to you.

Hello again,

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. Please don't give this a second thought, this sort of product is more a food supplement than a drug and as such it has a very high margin of safety in the dog even when quite a few are swallowed as in Olive's case.

2. The chances are that this will not affect her much, in fact, it is very possible that she will not suffer and adverse symptoms of any sort, but that said some dogs may perhaps suffer a mild transient bout of diarrhoea and/or vomiting purely due to the sudden ingestion of larger amounts of an unaccustomed food source, but should this happen it will be likely to be very minor and should soon pass on its own.

3. Given the above, there are no special measures you need take other than just keeping an eye on your dog. But in any case, I should be available online for you for the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Olive's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
I hope you have found my advice useful. Please now be kind enough to rate my service to you by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen, such feedback greatly helps me maintain the quality of my answers. Rating me now does not close your question, we can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box to get back to me at any point. Many thanks ...

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Olive is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the calming chews incident ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott