Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

I have just come back from a 4 day holiday, had a friend…

Customer Question
Hello, I...

Hello, I have just come back from a 4 day holiday, had a friend look after my yorkie, she has her 2 yorkie . My yorkie now has a temp, can’t seem to jump up and walking slow, sleeping a lot and shivering, Is my dog sick or do you think he is upset that we went away for 4 days? We have never left him alone before

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name?

Buddy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buddy?

His eyes are droopy and he is not happy like he normally is

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog
1/4/2018
Dog Specialist: Dr. Drew, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm a licensed veterinarian and I'll be happy to help.

A small-breed dog being unable to jump and walking slow, and shivering, typically makes me suspect an injury to the back. It is common for small breed dogs to hurt their back, usually due to one of the cartilage discs bulging and putting pressure on the nerves.

Typically, this is a situation that requires veterinary treatment - so that appropriate medicines such as anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxants can be administered. Sometimes, x-rays may be recommended, so that the veterinarian can check for any fractures.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My dog is not showing symptoms of having an injury, are you actually telling me I just paid R 250 for this nonsense respond
Dog Specialist: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

I agree with Dr Drew. If you describe your dog as walking slowly and not being able to jump, those are indeed symptoms of an injury.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Of course you are gonna agree with Dr John, you people are just out their to make a quick buck, I have taken my dog to a proper vet and he has dog flu and has been put on a drip , not a broken or sore back as you Dr’s have said
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian