Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Lab had 7 puppies 3 weeks ago. Yesterday we thought she was…

Customer Question
Lab had 7 puppies...

Lab had 7 puppies 3 weeks ago. Yesterday we thought she was developing mastitis. Put puppy after puppy on the slightly swollen nipple. Today after work, it was huge. Called the vet. Told us to strip it. Now we've noticed that there is a deep hole on the side of her nipple. Looks like it's draining milk, but possibly pus. Very lathargic. Fevered. Going to vet in am, but worried about tonight

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the puppy?

Puppies are doing fine. Picked up some supplement milk just in case.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog
Vet had us give her 1cc of penicillin (shot) and we gave her a dog asprin before we noticed the gapping hole.
1/4/2018
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a few pictures of what you're seeing?

Got her into our regular vet the following morning (after I asked). Thanks anyway.

Thank you for the update.