Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Abby is a arab matiff she is 11months old and has been

Customer Question
Abby is a bull...

Abby is a bull arab bull matiff she is 11months old and has been laying around not comin to u when called which is very unusual shr isnt thw happy dog she usually is. She has just weed or pood blood im not sure which it was but she doesnt seem to be eating but is srinking quute a bit of water

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

Abby

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Abby?

I dont think so. She has been luke this aince yesterday. Not the blood but not herself

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog
1/3/2018
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Are you seeing any vomiting?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

Is she spayed?

I have actually taken her to the vet which she is currently on fluids and antibotics. She will be having surgery tomorrow morning to remove her uterus as she has an infection

It sounds like she is suffering from a pyometra. Please let me know if I can offer additional assistance. Good luck to you both!