Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My chihuahua was attacked but another large dog a couple…

Customer Question
My chihuahua was attacked...

My chihuahua was attacked but another large dog a couple days ago at his dog sitters , I was gone to work when this happened so I rushed home for the next day. HE has had many X-rays and a procedure to remove the air from around his lungs. The vet told me his heart had moved back into place and so on. She said the air around his lungs may come back. How do I know of that happens? He is also paralyzed in one rear leg and minimal movement in the other rear leg. It has been close to 72 hours now, he had only one pee since this all happened. It was black and rusty colour. He has NOT had a bowel movement yet. I went to get some laxatives for him and still nothing yet. Right now is he’s trying to finally sleep and his eyes are rolling downward and all a can see is white. He is very twitchy and currently only taking short breaths.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name?

His name is Torque

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Torque?

I don’t really know what else? He must be incompetent. I’m so worried about him. He’s almost 4

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog
1/3/2018
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a video of what you're seeing with Torque?

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.