Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My 8 week old Chihuahua named Taco has an inflamed gland and…

Customer Question
My 8 week old...

My 8 week old Chihuahua named Taco has an inflamed gland and now ruptured cyst near his anus. It drained after I had placed it in some warm water. My worry is an infection and him not being able to poop. His little belly is quite swollen and I don't know how to help him if he can't poop.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

I went to a vet and mentioned to him that his anus was swollen and all he said was that it was normal for a puppy his size when they ppoped

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog
Also, he got his first vaccines on the 26th and the little bubble has yet to unswell but the vaccine included a dewormer not sure if that's affecting it any
12/31/2017
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Did your vet diagnose him with any parasites at the time?