Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

In Australia it's 34 degrees today and my dog was walking in…

Customer Question
Hi in Australia it's...

Hi in Australia it's 34 degrees today and my dog was walking in the kitchen than suddenly he collapsed his tongue was out he only cried and squeak as he couldn't get up. My dad pick him up and put water on him than he was fine. But his had this strange cough that won't go away

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** his 13

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Buster?

He has seizures

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog
12/29/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Buster, please?

My primary concern in a 13 year old who has collapsed and is now coughing is congestive heart failure. The heat may have exacerbated Buster's heart failure. It would be prudent to have his vet attend to him at your earliest convenience. Careful auscultation (listening to) and X-rays of Buster's thorax (chest) should be important parts of a complete physical exam on him.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Michael, thank you . You are right . We did take him to the vet , the vet said that it is his heart and to monitor, his breathing at all times , the vet did give buster tablets to help him breathe normally . They also want to check for tumour, and cancer .

Thank you for the update. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian