Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog ate a bunch of my clonidine pills because i dropped…

my dog ate a...

my dog ate a bunch of my clonidine pills because i dropped them i couldn’t get it out of her mouth she swallowed them

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Lacey a year and a half

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lacey?

She’s a pitbull and 50 lbs

12/27/2017
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. The first thing I would do would be to give her 5 tablespoons of peroxide to help induce vomiting if you have any on hand.

hydrogen peroxide? and do u think she will drink it?

Yes, hydrogen peroxide. If you have a syringe, the best way would be to administer it orally that way. I have had dogs eat it in a bit of food as well.

ok thanks she’s acting a little weird right now as we speak she seems a little weak and lazy

That is a common symptom of an overdose of that medication. After making her vomit, I would take her in to the emergency vet so they can administer activated charcoal to help bind the drug so she doesn't get any further effects of the medication.

she refuses to take it even with food

Ok, in that case, I would just go right to the ER vet so they can give her the activated charcoal. They might try an injectable medication to help make her vomit once you get there.

okay thank you so much for your help enjoy the holidays! i am getting my butt over there right now

You're welcome. Good luck with everything!

If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!

Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian