Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog ate a hersey kiss of less than 1.6 ounces. She is 13…

Customer Question
my dog ate a...

my dog ate a hersey kiss of less than 1.6 ounces

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

She is 13 pounds

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Blanche 2

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog
12/25/2017
Dog Specialist: Joan, Vet Tech replied 4 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I would like to assist you.

Please give me a momenet to check my chocolate chart by weight. I will be right back.

Joan

hello

Did she only eat 1 small Hersey kiss?

Joan

she ate 1.5 ounces of milk chocolate, she weighs 13 pounds

Since she ate 1.6 Oz we need to monitor her for GI upset, tremors, Hyperactivity and seizures.

If this happened within the last 2 hours we can induce vomiting to get the choclate up. We use 1 teaspoon full of Perxoide per 10 pounds of body weight. First feed a piece of bread and then give the peroxide to the back of the throat. Jostle the stomach and jog arpund. This can be repeated if needed. I will stand by.

Joan

How is your dog doing? Did you induce vomiting?

Joan

Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech