Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My seven week old sberan husky has been doolng layng on her…

Customer Question
My seven week old...

My seven week old sberan husky has been doolng layng on her side. About a half hour a go she had what seem to be a sezure.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

She s stll drooling but not as much and her rapid breathng has slowed down. I sthere anything I can do for her.

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name?

Destiny

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Destiny?

No this is the first time I have ever seen ths happen

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog
12/24/2017
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a video of her at this time?

I dont have a video
can you just type to me pleaase

The absolute best approach is going to be taking Destiny in to be evaluated, especially if she has not fully recovered from this seizure. There is nothing we can do medically at home for a dog that is experiencing active seizure activity. At 7 weeks of age, she is very young for this type of condition and it suggests there may be something going on that is undiagnosed such as parasites, organ dysfunction, toxicity, etc. I would highly recommend that you take her to your local veterinary ER. It's unlikely that your regular vet will be open tomorrow so finding her help today is imperative. Do you need help locating an ER in your area? If so, I will need your city and state.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, JACustomer. How is Destiny today?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy