Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

From what I have read it may be hge. Is this expensive to…

Customer Question
From what I have...

From what I have read it may be hge. Is this expensive to treat ?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

She is vomiting and bleeding from her behind. She is not quite herself, kind of sluggish.

Veterinarian's Assistant: This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

She is about 14-15 yrs old,a toy poodle.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog
12/24/2017
Dog Specialist: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear your poodle may have HGE. The treatment costs would vary from clinic to clinic. At my clinic, we would charge $60 for the office call/exam, $60 to $160 for basic blood tests, around $100 a day for IV fluids in the hospital, and $20 to $60 a day for injections and medication. It may be more if you have to go to an emergency clinic.

HGE can be caused by different things: something the dog ate, an infection, pancreatitis, or (sadly) cancer.

I have not heard from you; how is she doing? Please let me know if my answer was helpful and if you have other questions.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian