Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

When will I know it is time to put down my dog that has

Customer Question
Lymphoma?...
When will I know it is time to put down my dog that has Lymphoma?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog
12/22/2017
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I recommend to everyone that when considering euthanasia they do the following: Make a list of 10 things that your pet enjoyed doing when they were young. Perhaps that was chasing toys, visiting new people, etc. Now mark off all of the things that your pet can no longer do consistently due to age or illness. Once you're down to 5, it's time to discuss euthanasia and once 2-3 items remain, it's time to have the procedure performed.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, Kathleen. How is it going with Gus?