Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

She are several sugar cookies...I talked to the girl that…

Customer Question
She are several sugar...

She are several sugar cookies...I talked to the girl that used to own her, she said she would be fine that she ate a whole bag of Hershey candy bars one time.... I'm still worried , any suggestions

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

No just that she is 7 years old...a wiener hound dog

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian. replied 7 months ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a fully qualified vet from the UK and have spent the last thirty years or so treating dogs, cats, and smaller pets. I will be very glad to help you today, please allow me ten minutes or so to review your question and type things up, I will then get straight back to you.

But before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer to me, so could you please confirm the following :

1. How long ago did this happen { How many minutes or hours ago }?

2. How much does your dog weigh { In pounds }?

About 2 hours ago....she weighs 36lbs

Hello again,

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. Good she is not a tiny dog, basically, she should be just fine. You see sugar is not toxic to dogs in any way so the chances are she will get away with this, the very odd dog may perhaps suffer a mild transient bout of vomiting and/or diarrhoea purely because of the sudden ingestion of an unaccustomed " human " rich food source, but even this may well not occur and even if it does it would be likely to quickly pass on it's own.

2. Given the above there are no special measures you need take. But in any case, I should be available online for you for the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me in the very unlikely event that your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
I hope you have found my advice useful. Please now be kind enough to rate my service to you by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen, such feedback greatly helps me maintain the quality of my answers. Rating me now does not close your question, we can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box to get back to me at any point. Many thanks ...

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the sugar cookies issue ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Dog Specialist: Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian. replied 6 months ago

Hello again,

Regards,

Dr Scott

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?