Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My best friend,Buster,14 year old border collie,has been…

Customer Question
My best friend,Buster,14 year...

My best friend,Buster,14 year old border collie,has been slowly getting worse, this AM he couldn't even walk without falling,he is deaf, and now his appetiteis going away, I've been looking online for a way to make him feel comfortable at home and give him something that will just let him go to sleep forever....humane society wants $143 to do it there, but of course I have no$ til the 1st of the month, and I think it would be easier for me and Buster to end this at home. I just read something about Tarentula 30th potency. Could you please try to help me?? My home phone number is *************** my name is***** all alone and don't know anyone to turn to... please help

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

Buster, no it's not lethargy.... It is his time to go now,he can't see,hear,or walk

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

No, I just want to help him through this hard time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog
12/19/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. Meghan Denney, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

I am so very sorry you are in this position. There are no good holistic remedies to help our pets pass, unfortunately.

Are you in a rural area? A large animal veterinarian may be willing to do it for cheaper than the $143.00 but you would have to call and ask.

The human society pricing I am seeing is cheaper than that at this website https://www.animalhumanesociety.org/end-life-services

If you are able to apply for care credit that can help pay for his euthanasia appointment.

Once again I am so truly sorry this is happening. It is hard enough without having to worry about finances.

If there is another animal shelter beside the human society they may be able to provide this service for you.

There are mobile veterinary services that do this service as well. Where are you located I can try and get you additional information on them?

I live in Lake Havasu City,AZ.86403. Thank you..can you please tell me what Tarentula is and how I can get it?? I have Xanax, can I give him 2 or 3 of them and then he will just go to sleep forever.....they are 1mil. Each
Where can I get arsenicum Album or Tarentula cubenis???

I am opting out of this question as I have explained that using holistic methods is not recommended and I cannot provide assistance to use those substances.

I am not here to give illegal advice and put my medical license at risk. I am truly sorry for your situation. I have provided alternative options for you to call to help euthanize your Buster.

Please understand I am not trying to hurt you or cause you any more pain, but to try to euthanize Buster with these substances is inhumane given that there can be side effects other than death and i cannot be a part of that.

Maybe some other veterinarian here is willing but i am not.

Good luck and my prayers to you

My dog, Buster is dying before me,and I am having a hard time with this. I have a necklace that my deceased husband had bought for me for our anniversary,and I can oawn it for $60.00. That's the most $ I can come up with..... I just woke up and I was hoping I would have another answer from another dog specialist... but I do not... I'm very dissatisfied with this because I don't have the money to pay for a vet visit and I already called humane society and animal control and I can't afford either. I googled "my dog is dying and there are pages and pages on how to help your dying dog die at home.arsenicum Album and Tarentula cubenis, all I am asking is where I can get one of these so I can help my dog, comfortably at home not in a strange place, where he will be afraid,and having a hard time..... Can you please just go to Google and just see what I am talking about?? They even have people come to your house and euthinise your pet, but I can't afford it either... please just check it out, I knew that there had to be other ways out there and I was right..they are all on Google, but I just wanted to check with these 2 drugs that were mentioned online and. See what a "specialist" had to say....so far I am not happy with the results of this "just answer" thing, so if you can't answer my questions and I do not see a "new" specialist in my email this morning with any other information for me, I guess I am not satisfied and then will get a money back guarantee??? Is this correct??? It says I would have a new dog specialist within 24 hours on my email, and there is not one.Dr. Denny , I am going to help my dog one way or another, I am trying to do the right thing and if you go online you will see people that helped their pet and feel good about it with no regrets.. please check it out?? Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter,carol.......