Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog had two baths in short time first groomer did no

Customer Question
problem. After my husband gave...
My dog had two baths in short time first groomer did no problem. After my husband gave them 2nd bath due to forgetting to give groomer special soap that is for sensitive skin dogs both were scratching so after my husband bathed now dogs are shaking heads like something wrong in ears
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog
12/16/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

How long have they been shaking their heads? If you look in the ears, is there any drainage, debris, redness, or odor?

No. They had bsth two days ago
I dont want to incurr any more charges just if they need help or will this resolve on its own

Thank you,

It sounds like may have gotten water in their ears and they now may have an ear infection. That is pretty common after having a bath.

If terms of over the counter treatment there is a product called "Zymox-HC." You can buy it at Petsmart or online. It is for ear infections.

Use the Zymox-HC twice a day in their ears for at least a week.

There are going to need some treatment. Most likely it is not going to resolve on it's own.

Thank you we will take to our vet. Thank you

Do the Zymox-HC. In addition you can add over the counter human benadryl. The benadryl can help with some of the irritation. It may make them sleepy but that is better than head shaking.

Benadryl- 1 mg per pound of dog every 12 hours

You are welcome.

Thank you for your help will do the above till vet can see on Monday. Thx

My pleasure. If you have any other questions or need anything please reply again.

Petsmart doesnt carry online or in their stores and never heard of it
They have it at the Petsmart by my house. Amazon.com has it for sure.
That takes three days vs hoing to vet?
Sorry Maybe Petsmart stopped carrying it.
Chewy.com has it too
You werent being honest or you arent that knowledgeable either way online or in person that product isnt showing. Not a happy camper will just takw them to vet. It is free for me. Bye
Okay. Thank you. I did not know Petsmart no longer carries it. Sorry
Petco has it online so they may have it in stores but call ahead first.
Otherwise give the Benadryl every 12 hours until Monday when you can take them to the vet. Do not worry, you only charged if you are totally satisfied with the answer and you made it clear you are not happy.