Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

My 6lb dog ate 8 or so raisins so i gave him 2 doses of 4ml…

Customer Question
Hi! My 6lb dog...

Hi! My 6lb dog ate 8 or so raisins so i gave him 2 doses of 4ml hydro pero 30 mins ago but still no vomiting!

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is 7 months old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Atari?

I believe that’s all

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/16/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How are you both doing? Did you get him to vomit?

How many hours ago did he have these?

How is he just now?

Hi there ^^ it’s alright i know that it was an awkward time period ;; but i shook him tummy a little and he vomited once but not a lot, and he slept through the night okay, and no diarrhea or anything yet thankfully , he ate the raisins around 1am

Hello again,

Now hopefully he did bring all of those raisins up once you got him to vomit. The reason that is important is because raisins are a tricky toxin in dogs. Frustratingly the toxin hasn't been isolated and seems to vary by grape/raisin meaning we cannot predict when we have a toxicity situation. When a dog has had a toxic dose, it can actually damage the kidneys. Often we will see them start drinking excessively and often they will pass more urine that is often watery/dilute.

So, those are the signs we need to monitor for in Atari if he didn't bring those all back up. And if we wanted to be safe, you may even wish to have his local vet check a urine or blood sample to make sure no harm has been done to the kidneys. If there is any evidence of it, then fluids in the early stages can limit damage, flush out the toxin, and minimize harm. Otherwise, we'd want to monitor for these signs over the next few days and hopefully we won't see them (but would want him seen by the local vet if we did).

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

******************************************************************************

I aim to provide best care for you just as I do for my own clients & their pets. If you have any other questions, please ask – I’m happy to help but please rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great) as this is the only way I am credited for my work by the site & this allows me to continue to help here. This is included in your question fee. Once you rate, your question will not close & you can still ask follow-up questions. Thank you. : )**

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian