Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

We have a 6 year old female English staffy. Recently she…

Customer Question
Hi there we have...

Hi there we have a 6 year old female English staffy. Recently she spent 2 nights at dog kennels while we were on holiday . Since being back she has had an upset tummy eg runny poos and up and down to toilet more than normal. She also lame walking down stairs to go to toilet

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Will check now

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Sabre

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sabre?

Nope nothing unusual

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog
12/12/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian
Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry you're going through this with your dog. Some dogs will get diarrhea after boarding because of exposure to different GI bugs. As well as stress from being away from home. I would recommend the following to help with the diarrhea. If it doesn't clear up in 24-48 hours or if she starts vomiting, I would take her to the vet for a work up.You can give Metamucil which is a fiber supplement that can help firm up the stool. I would feed boiled chicken and white rice for the next few days. It is a bland diet that can help when they are having GI upset. You can also syringe feed some Pedialyte to help with hydration. You can also give some canned food or chicken baby food to help with appetite if the chicken and rice isn't appetizing. Let me know if you have any other questions.If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian