Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My shih tzu is trembling uncontrollably and showing a

Customer Question
My shih tzu is...

My shih tzu is trembling uncontrollably and showing a strange appetite

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

I took her to the vet and they perceived bionic and an anti inflammatory

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

I just administered it to her via food

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Pocket she is 11

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Just trembling excessively she just got her anal glands expressed

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Just?

Poor appetite , clingy

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Dog Specialist: Ann M., Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Ann M.
Ann M., Dog Veterinarian

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 12 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue and as I am typing out a response.

Is your dog avoiding jumping up and down from things? Avoiding doing stairs or reluctant to do stairs?

No she had that issue a couple of months ago her stomach is making a bunch of noises Rimadyl and biomox which I just administered

Okay. Any vomiting or diarrhea?

No vomiting or diarrhea she is trembling and I notice she has a lot of acne on the rear part of her body is trembling not the front

She has acne on her rear? Can you attach a photo?

What did your vet think was wrong?

Not at all she want trembling then they expressed her anal glands I did not administer the pain meds because I read the side affects may have been frequent urination and we had record col here in Houston so my dog wasn't walking in that weather

I am having a hard time following here... I am going to "opt out" and let another vet try to assist you better. Do not reply, just wait for another vet to assist.

I'm trying to determine if I need to take her for emergency or if I both the Medicine should help and I need to give it more time me to run its course
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Did I understand correctly that you've only administered the antibiotic thus far and not the pain medication?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

Is she eating and drinking well?

Can you share a picture of the acne you're seeing?

The vet thought it was her anal fluid was brown instead of clear

Is she eating and drinking well?

Are you able to offer responses for the questions above? I am unable to offer a call at this time.

Ok my phone is broken they kind of look like zits

1) Did I understand correctly that you've only administered the antibiotic thus far and not the pain medication?

2) Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

3) Is she eating and drinking well?

4) Can you share a picture of the acne you're seeing?

No change in diet, nor food no stress she is super happy

2) Can you describe the strange appetite?

3) Is she eating and drinking well?

I did administer anti anglammatory medicine

Can you please answer the other questions I posted, as well?