Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I’m not sure if you can see my previous question that I

Hi. I’m not sure if...
Hi. I’m not sure if you can see my previous question that I asked earlier. Please let me know if I need to copy and paste it here. Maggie has not drank any water or eaten any food all day. She is not moving and stays in the same place for almost 8 hours at a time until we finally get her up and move her. She cannot control her bowels and just threw up twice within the last thirty minutes. I’m extremely concerned about dehydration. Should I bring her to an emergency vet?
12/11/2017
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I have read your previous discusssion with Dr Rebecca.

I think it is time for Maggie to be seen at the ER and be put on fluids and some medication for nausea and Diarrhea. They can flush Her system and get her stabilized. If you do not know where the closest ER Vet is located I can try to locate some with a Zipcode and State?

Joan

that would be great. I’m not sure where to go. 77345 Kingwood, Texas

Thank you give me a moment to see what I can find

Joan

These two were the closest to your area. The fact this has been going on as long as it has been Maggie needs to be seen hands on,

Animal Emergency & Urgent Care Center of The Woodl

27870 I-45 North
Houston, TX 77385
***-***-****

18 miles

Animal Emergency & Urgent Care Center

27870 Interstate 45 North
The Woodlands, TX 77384
***-***-****

22 miles

Please let me know how she does at the ER. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars.

Joan

Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Thank you so much. Taking her right now!

I will await an update.

Joan

Call ahewad and let them know you are coming so they can prep for you and Maggie.

Joan

Okay we definitely will

How is Maggie Doing? Was very concerned about her.

Joan

Thank you for checking. Unfortunately, she did not make it. I don’t know all the terms exactly because I’m in another city and was giving my sister the information as you told me and she kept me updated through the night. But she was in a lot of pain and had a 5% chance of surviving so they put her to sleep at about 5 this morning. It has been the worst 48 hours ever. Her blood was toxic ( I can’t remember the term) from the chocolate and then when she threw up, apparently it went into her lungs and so she got pneumonia. The vet said that she had never seen pneumonia escalate that quickly. We are all devastated. Thank you for your help and for checking on her

The Theobromine Toxicity from the chocolate and the Pneumonia came about because she aspirated the vomitus back into the lungs because of the lethargy from the Pot. I am so sorry! I though about it all night and just hoped we got her in in time. Unfortunately my fears were realized. Please accept my condolences. If you ever need me for a Pet just ask for Joan only. I will be more than happy to assist you.

Joan

You are so sweet to think of her and that makes sense what you said. Thank you. And I will request you Joan. I really appreciate your help. Thank you again.

I know it is hard but try and have a good Holiday.

Joan

Thank you. You too.