Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

Washed my bulldog tonight, and in bath rinse water were

Customer Question
Washed my bulldog tonight, and...
Washed my bulldog tonight, and in bath rinse water were tiny, 1/16 “ greenish waxy looking cylindrical things. About two dozen. Mostly came from around neck area. I inspected her skin, no evidence infection or infestation. Has not been scratching.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog
12/11/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Karen, I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Your description of these things puzzled me and so I consulted with a friend of mine who is a specialist veterinary pathologist but regretfully she was puzzled as well. Our suggestion is to gather up these things should they recur and bring them to Miss Putter's vet to be examined microscopically. They don't describe any pathology associated with the skin of dogs.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian