Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog was spay 5 years ago she is now dripping some blood…

Customer Question
My dog was spay...

My dog was spay 5 years ago she is now dripping some blood .I've also noticed she's been off her food for the last 2 days .been very slow to eat

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Bella

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?

No she's normally very healthy. Mix breed rottie cross ridgeback

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog
12/5/2017
Dog Specialist: Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst replied 7 months ago
Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

It is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

The first step is to determine if the blood is from the vulva or urethra?

You will need to blot the area gently around the urethra at the top of the fold of the vulva to see if it is from the urethra then blot the vulva and let me know which one the blood is from?