Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

His eye is redishes with musuc running from his eyes he

Customer Question
His eye is redishes...

His eye is redishes with musuc running from his eyes he really not eating

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Rocky hes 6mths

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Rocky?

6mths

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rocky?

No just his eye

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog
12/4/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. I'm sorry your pup isn't feeling well. I would start by giving him some Benadryl (1 mg/lb) every 12 hours as allergies are very common this time of year. I would also give him boiled chicken and rice for the next couple of days to help spark his appetite. He might not be able to smell his regular food as well with what he has going on. If this doesn't resolve in 24-48 hours, I would recommend taking him to the vet for some antibiotics as he might have an infection. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!