Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I have a way to get him up at the end of that thread the vet…

Customer Question
Https://www.justanswer.com/pet-dog/0n0f7-sheltie-losing-huge-patches-hair.html Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll...

Https://www.justanswer.com/pet-dog/0n0f7-sheltie-losing-huge-patches-hair.html

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

I have a way to get him up at the end of that thread the vet posted a link but it's a bad link doesn't work

Veterinarian's Assistant: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

No I didn't mean to say lethargy. Hair loss she hasd hair

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

Well she was tested for the hypothyroidism and it's not that

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog
Answered in 1 day by:
12/5/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on your dog, please?

After hair is lost, what does her skin look like? Are you seeing erythema (redness, inflammation), circular lesions (epidermal collarettes), scale, hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin), pustules, etc.? Is your dog itchy as evidenced by licking and/or scratching at herself? Has medication been prescribed in the past? If so, which medications and did you see a positive response to it? How long has she been losing hair in this manner? Does her skin have an offensive odor? Can you upload a photo(s) of representative skin to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.