Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My frenchie is shivering and wheezing a bit. He has thrown…

Customer Question
My frenchie is shivering...

My frenchie is shivering and wheezing a bit. He has thrown up but isn’t acting normal

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

No not that I’m aware of, his usual dog food

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Porkchop, he’s almost 2

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

He sounds like he’s whimp I omg

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

Whimpering

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog
His stole is lose and has vomitted his food
12/3/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian
Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. I cannot make a diagnosis over the inernet, but I can give you some advice regarding your dog. It sounds like his stomach hurts. I would recommend giving him Pepto Bismol 1 tablespoon every 12 hours to help settle his stomach. I would also give him some Metamucil 1 capsule tonight to help with his stool. I would feed him boiled chicken and white rice for the next few days as a bland diet that his GI tract can absorb easily. If he is still vomiting by tomorrow afternoon, or if he is getting worse on the medication, I would take him to the vet for a full work up. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.If you could take a minute to five me a positive rating so I can receive credit for this question, I would really appreciate it. Good luck!