Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I have a Maltese she is eight limping but not all the time.

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Maltese she is eight limping but not all the time. Can run normally seems to be when she gets up from lying. Took to vet. Gave her ant inflammatory and said it was acl and keep her quite. Just wanted to know is it possible to tape it and if so how to do it thanks

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

Candy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Candy?

No other problems

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog
12/3/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

N​o, taping and braces do not work or help in dogs with acl injuries.

I​f it is a mild injury, two week of strict rest with an anti-inflammatory should result in significant improvement.

I​f she is still limping a lot after two weeks of rest and anti-inflammatories then she may be a candidate for surgery. It does not sound like her limping is too severe or frequent though which is good.