Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

He ate 2 dulcolax suppositories. Not sure when. I was at my…

Customer Question
He ate 2 dulcolax...

He ate 2 dulcolax suppositories. Not sure when. I was at my volunteer job all day.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Dewey is 9.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dewey?

He has “end stage liver disease, ascites, but his behavior and appetite are normal. Not acting sick at all!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog
12/2/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Luckily, Dulcolax suppositories are not very toxic given orally in dogs and cats. I don't anticipate a problem. The only possible issue would be some soft stool. I would for soft stool for the next day or two. If noticed, you can give 1 tablet of Metamucil to help. But I wouldn't worry too much about this. Let me know if you have any other questions.

If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Katherine Schmidt