Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

14 yr. old toy rat terrier pees all over the house when

Customer Question
14 yr. old toy...

14 yr. old toy rat terrier pees all over the house when sleeping during the day, at night in her kennel. Eye sight is bad hearing is bad sleeps all day.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

Emma she also poops everywhere and every night in her kennel

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Emma?

She very thirsty in the morning drinks water and often throws up a thicker than clear water blob

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog
Hello I haven't received a answer
12/2/2017
Dog Specialist: Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst replied 7 months ago
Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. I'm so sorry that no other expert answered your question earlier. Your question just showed up on the list of unanswered questions that I have access to and I wanted to help. I hope you will rate my answer rather than the delay.

Do you still need help with this matter? If so, it is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

How often is she fed?

Does she still jump up on things and use steps?

What have you tried for these problems?

She try’s to jump up in a chair where a throw is...usually hits her chest and falls to the floor. There are times she gets up in the chair.i feed her once a day.her teeth are bad so always soften her food.
I assumed she was slowly down and getting old. I have ordered diapers. Since she pees and poops all over the house it’s getting to be a problem and her kennel is such a mess every morning. This has been going on for quite awhile. She eats and drinks..... poops and pees and sleeps. That’s the extent of what her day is like.
Emma snores when sleeping... has problems judging how far the water is in her bowle.... I’m struggling with the quality of her life and mine. I can’t have her peeing all over my house and if I go somewhere I can’t take her to my friends homes. Or ask a friend to take care of her . The kennel every morning is getting old. She steps in the poop and goes out of the kennel and tracks it all over ��
Is it time to have her put down?
I haven’t really got a answer.... maybe you can’t say what to do.., I’ll try diapers.... then make my decision I guess.
Please just cancel me out of this website

When I didn't get a reply back for a couple of hours I did go and take care of a few errands. If you still want an answer, I should be available again around in an hour or so. I do have other customers to answer as well.

It’s fine..., I’ll figure out a solution to this problem thank you for your time

Ok. I send it to customer service.