Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I have a sweet boxer boy who turns 1 in January. Starting…

Customer Question
I have a sweet...

I have a sweet boxer boy who turns 1 in January. Starting about three weeks ago he started acting funny quit eating and was laying around all the time. I took him in they said his back seemed to be hurting. They have him a steroid shot sent him home in pain meds within a week he was back to normal running his boxer burns like nothing was wrong. After a day of that he was to the point where he couldn’t get up. I took him back in immediately and they did x rays. They found nothing and suggested it was most likely a disc. Another steroid shot and sent him home. He began doing better once more and laid around on his bed in my room most of the time. Followed me around some and seemed to be feeling ok. My daughter left food on the table and I walked in as he was getting it off. Now he is back to intense pain,he is shaking when you touch him and walking very slow. He seems to be curving in one of his back legs slightly. I really cannot afford to have surgery IF this is something that could heal from bed rest in a kennel and pain medication. I have him on Remadyl. My heart is broken and I love him so much. I laid next to him tonight and gently pet him with tears in my eyes. :(

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

Zeke

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog
12/1/2017
Dog Specialist: Kelly Hill, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Veterinarian

Hello. This is Dr. Hill. I need to ask a few questions in order to help. After the steroid shot, what was he sent home with for oral medications. Have you restricted his activity at all?