Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Puked and had diarrhea multiple times a couple days ago and…

Customer Question
Puked and had diarrhea...

Puked and had diarrhea multiple times a couple days ago and now won't eat and barely drinks and his urine is orange in color

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

Just regular food and maybe a piece of hamburger off my pizza

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Max

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Max?

Nothing I can thi no of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog
Oh and he's seems to be swelling a lot also
Swallowing not swelling
11/28/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I'm sorry to hear of this with Max. The combination of gastrointestinal distress, anorexia, and orange urine - which suggests increased bile in the urine - should prompt Max's vet to consider a liver disorder. His vet will want to see Max at your earliest convenience in order to perform a thorough physical exam including diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests. An abdominal ultrasound may be suggested as well. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?