Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

My 15 lb. Yorkie ate 2 200mg Plaquemines tabs what should I

Customer Question

My 15 lb. Yorkie ate 2 200mg Plaquemines tabs what should I do? Besides not EVER leave any meds in her reach.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: I stated dogs name and age, Sally 15y/o, yorkie!
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: Not that I know of
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years.

If it been within an hour of ingesting the Plaquinil we can induce vomiting to get them up. Please feed a small piece of brad and follow with 1 teaspoon full of 3% hydrogen peroxide per 10 pounds of body weight to the back of the throat. Jostle the stomach and jog Sally around. This should cause vomiting within 15 mins. if she does not vomit the first time please repeat the Peroxide. We need to get them up, because they are toxic.

I will stand by while you induce vomiting.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 11 months ago.

Have you had any success? We only have a 2 hour window to get the pills up. If you cannot induce vomiting at home, I would get Sally into the ER Vet where they can induce Vomiting, and give activated charcoal.

I will be here for another 45 mins. if you need help.

please hit reply to discuss the information.

Joan